In humanities, we have been learning about myths, mainly focusing on the ones that are Greek. After learning about these myths, we got to make our own myth comic strip. It had to be completely original. Mine was about the goddess of hope, named Opta. Before time, she lived alone in a cold, dark place with no company. She would weep and hope for happiness, people, animals and nature. One day, when she fell asleep, all she had ever hoped for poured out of her ear. She woke up to see animals, people, nature, the variety of things in which she had always hoped for.
My myth is orginal because in Greek myths, the world was created involving the Titans. In my story, the world is created rather differently. I think that it is interesting for us to be able to answer a question about the world, because there are so many different explanations to things.
The elements of a myth that my story included were the following-
- I had a goddess
- I explained how something came to be
- I had a moral
- I included the element of fantasy/magic
I included all of those things. If I had not, then it would not be considered a myth, but only a story. A myth is not a myth if it does not have those elements.
I decided that I would compare my myth with my friend Abigail's myth. Her's was entitled "Phases of The Moon." Evidently, it explains the phases of the moon and how they came to be.
 |
| This is my myth |
I noticed that Abigail's myth involved a goddess, as did mine. We both explained how something came to be and also had the element of magic. What mine had and Abigail's did not was a moral.
I enjoyed this activity so much and I hope we can do something like this again!
 |
| This is Abigail's myth |
Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário