quinta-feira, 21 de agosto de 2014

How Can I Be Better?

In Community Time, we have been thinking of SMART goals.  SMART is an achronym that helps you set goals that are more successful.  S means simple, M means meaningful, A means actions, R means realistic and T means track.  I will be sharing two goals, one academic, one non academic.
My academic goal is to get grades that are 5-7.  (7 is the highest achievable grade for our grading system)  I think that this is simple if I apply myself, so I will study harder this year.  This goal is extremly meaningful to me, because I feel like my grade is a reflection of part of me.  I want to be able to feel better about my school life because last year, there were some days that I did not feel too self confiedent.  In terms of actions, I will try to carve out at least an hour devoted to studying and working (not on homework) on what I need help with.  I think that this goal is fairly realistic, as long as I strive for more.  To track, every week, I will check on my grades to see how I am doing on certain assignments.
For my non academic goal, I would like to jump 80 centimeters in a horseback riding competition and get at least third place.  I think that this goal is not too simple, but I think I will be able to do it.  It is meaningful to me.  Horseback riding is something I really enjoy doing and I want to be better at it.  As for actions, I will work very hard in lessons and take into account what my instructor is telling me to do, and use it to improve.  Also, after every 3 lessons, I will ask my instructor what I am doing wrong or what I can do better.  I think that this goal is realistic, as long as I keep at it.  To track, I will ask my dad to video tape parts of my lessons when I am doing something right or wrong and have him show me so I can improve.

I look forward to a great year and a fresh start!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário