segunda-feira, 14 de julho de 2014

Just Because You Can't See It Doesn't Mean It's Not There

Link

I recently read an article by the New York Times about Poor Sanitation in India.  It interested me because in sixth grade we learned about India economically so there were a lot of things in this article in which I was familiar with.  I already know things about this topic so I could get a lot more out of it.  The article stuck with me because I could learn more facts and expand my knowledge on the topic. 

I think that the main idea of this article is to teach people that even though something like malnutrition may not happen close to you, it is still happening and it is also a very big problem worldwide.  I think it is also meant to make you think.  There are many stunning facts throughout this article.  For example in one paragraph, it says, "More than one in four newborn deaths occur in India."  This is a devastating fact that sticks with you. I think that the writer of the article wanted you to take a step back and put things into perspective, instead of just zipping through the article.  They want you to realize how big of a problem this is.
    

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário