terça-feira, 3 de junho de 2014
BRICS Studies
In humanities we have been learning how to solve extreme poverty and were given a project realted to that. We learned about 5 different topics relating to poverty; health, education, employment, environment, and gender. We were assigned a topic and one of the B.R.I.C.S countries. I was assigned gender in Brazil. First, we had to find a project that had to do with resolving the problem. Then, we had to find websites that explained the following things: overview of problem, overview of solution, challenges of the project and successes of the project. Then, we had to create a paper about it. The week after we turned in the paper, we had the BRICS Summit where we were separated into comitees. It was interesting to collaborate with so many other people because I saw so many other points of view. The core values I noticed the most were critical thinker, communicator, curious and risk taker. I think that the most challenging part of the assignment was forming the resolution. I think that the easiest part was probably collaborating with other people because you can share ideas, it is not only you thinking of everything. I think that I did pretty well. I previously did MUN, and that it helped a lot. I think that it is important for us at Graded to learn about extreme poverty so that we can learn about the world that surrounds us. The purpouse of our study of poverty was to learn that there are so many aspects of this world, and the people in it.
Assinar:
Postar comentários (Atom)
Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário