sexta-feira, 18 de julho de 2014

Teams Are More Than You Think

Team
noun
a group of players forming one side in a competitive game or sport.

This morning I was browsing the New York Times website when I found this article about the New York Rangers.  It caught my attention because I really like hockey and the Rangers are my very favorite team.  I think that the main idea of this article is that the Rangers have had a big comeback and that every part of the team is a huge part of the team.  I think that another aspect of this article is that you need to work to get something that you want.  You cannot just sit around and wait for victory to come to you, because it never will.  You have to get up.  Get up and fight.

I also think that part of this article is about being in a team.  You can't have everyone arguing and not understanding the coach.  There are 24 people on the team, but they are one.  St. Louis, one of the Ranger's players mother had passed before Game 5 of the Eastern Confrence, but he says that his teammates helped him get through the situation by supporting him. The team's goalie, Henrik Lundqvist stopped 35 of the Pittsburgh Penguins 36 shots. “It was such a good feeling at the end, when you know it’s a done deal, and we did it,” Lundqvist said. “We came back.” The article quotes Lundqvist. Even though he is not a skater, he is a big part of the team. Every member of the team is valued in different ways.

Link

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário