When I read "How I Became a Hipster," I was reminder of how in December of 2009, I helped my dad move boxes into our new apartment in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. It was a small, quirky neighborhood that nobody really knew about. In 2011, we moved to Brazil. In the summer of 2012, we visited Williamsburg. In the three years between 2009 and 2012, Williamsburg had sprouted into a cool neighborhood with cute shops and fun cafés. My family and I were all so suprised with Williamsburg's development. I remember wondering that if there were two more years, what else would happen in Williamsburg.
When I stumbled upoun the New York Times article, "How I Became a Hipster", I was so suprised that Williamsburg was featured in the New York Times! I was intrigued and clicked on it. Up popped a picture of a man holding his bike, surrounded by people in Williamsburg. I think that the main idea of this article was to show that small places can grow, and that you can find a place to belong anywhere. It also is about finding where you belong. I think that there are so many places that can be your Williamsburg. There are so many places that are just hidden in the most unlikely nook and crannies, you just have to look for them.
Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário