In geography, over the past few classes, we have been learning about Contemporary European Issues, or CEIs. We have had to research about a current event in Europe. Due to the fact that it sounded very interesting, I chose independence movements as my topic. Throughout the time that we have been researching our topics, we also used a website called Edmodo to send Twitter-like messages to our followers, keeping them up to date about our current event. I have found this unit particularly interesting because I was able to gain an in depth understanding of my topic, the Welsh independence movements. I have heard people discussing this topic, but have never taken the time to process the information and research it. This project has not only given me the chance to gain an understanding of the topic, but I have been able to learn different points of view, for example who is in favor of Welsh Independence Movements, or who is against.
Another interesting aspect of the project was that as well as becoming an expert on independence movements, I was also able to learn about other topics, such as the Kurds, ISIS, Ebola, and even a disease on French wine grapes, called Esca! We all took on the role of a teacher during this process, informing each other so that we could all learn new things over this time length.
The summative portion of this project was creating a presentation about your topic. We had to explain our issue for the people who do not follow us, then give different opinions on the topic, including our own. No two people could use the same presentation format, so at the end of this unit, we will be able to learn fourteen innovative and unique websites to present. I am using a website called "Tackk." I have never used the site before, but it is very simple to navigate and understand. I look forward to seeing new presentation formats, and the applying that to my next projects.
To present, I used a website called Tackk. It is basically an online poster that allows you to insert images, graphics, and change backgrounds. There is a variety of both colour and fonts. For the most part, the website was user friendly and easy to navigate. I liked the website for this use, but I would not use it again. I would not because I can just as easily take a poster board and do the exact same thing.
Overall, I have learned so many different, interesting things from this unit.
As stated before, my topic was Welsh Independence Movements. The problem is that Welsh want Wales to become a more distinct country, both culturally and politically. Through research, I found out that 3% of a sample group of Welsh people actually want independence. This amazed me because this 3% of people have made the New York Times, BBC News, CNN, and many other well known
Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário