I disagree because math involves multiple types of thinking-- pushing yourself to think in another way, that you would not normally do to solve one thing. I also think that math is a different way of thinking because it involves thinking critically. Math makes you stretch your mind to solve a question but you also have to think creatively so that you can break down a problem or put a problem into context. Math is not just solving a problem on a piece of paper, but also putting "problems" into a realistic context and incorporating it into the world around you.
Characteristics of a Good Mathematician
- Critical Thinkers
- Asking themselves "Why"
- Visualizing
- Putting Questions into Contexts
- Recognizing Patterns
- Learning from Mistakes
- Re-reading instructions
- Highlight key words
- Being responsible
- Balanced
- Curious
- Reflective
I think that one of my strengths as a mathematician is that I am an innovative learner so, when I have trouble with math, I draw pictures or put the question into context. I've noticed that for me personally I need to always look over my thinking because I've realized that some of my mistakes are not very hard to find. I have found myself improving in math because the more strategies and self corrections I make, the more I can prepare for units in the future. I think that I have to try and be more of a risk taker in terms of trying different methods that I am not used to. I also need to work on being reflective because sometimes when I do not go over my thinking I find myself making obvious mistakes. For the future, I hope to grow more confident in myself, especially when taking tests.
Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário