quarta-feira, 2 de outubro de 2013

Determined: Theme of Bringing the Boy Home

What do you think the theme of this book is?
I think that the theme of the book is to not stop believing and to be determined.  

I have evidence of this from page 101, when Tirio says "Yes, I say, getting up. "I am ready." I think that this is important because it shows that Tirio is determined to show Sara what he is capable of and also to prove his Paho wrong. Determination is a huge factor in pulling him through his test, and also what drives him to do the test in the first place.  

On page 19, it says; The wood taps the floor on one side. I overcorrect. Tap. Then the other. Tap. I grit my teeth. I hate not being good at something. I believe that this shows how Tirio is trying hard to be the best person that he can be. He cannot lose his self confidence, or else it will distract him from his goal.  

Finally, on page 158 it says; I lurch for the table. The room is spinning as I grab the piece of bamboo and quickly snort the contents. The second time, my nose burns as badly as the first. Luka is determined to see the future. He will not give up and will endure the painstaking ritual in order to find out who he is and what he might be. This quote shows that Luka is ready to pay any price to see what kind of man he will become.  
Image source: http://www.sxc.hu/assets/183092/1830914147/sun-light-1-1407472-m.jpg


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário