sábado, 11 de abril de 2015

I Know That I Have Grown as a Learner, But How?

Quarter three has challenged me in many different ways.  I have learned that I have to prioritise different subjects.  By way of example, I know that humanities is not necessarily a struggle, while math definitely is.  This is not to say that I should not apply myself as much, but just balance out my efforts.  For quarter four, I will focus on being prepared by taking in-class notes, studying off of extra resources and making sure that my knowledge of each unit is solidified.  


How have I grown as a student?
I used to think of band as a class that I was not very good in.  In quarter two, I struggled with certain SmartMusic assignments which did not exactly lift my spirits.  Now, I know that practice completely pays off.  In band, I have sincerely tried hard to become a better student in band.  I have seen my improvement reflected through the fact that I received either first or second trombone on the pieces in the second semester concert repertoire.  

What have I struggled with the past that I still need to work on?

Subject: Math
I used to think that my learning was not reflecting on certain assignments, although now I know that I just have to put even more effort into math when studying in order to improve my learning. I will put more time into math then before so that I can succeed in this class.

What am I truly proud of? Successful?
I used to think that a seven was nearly unattainable on certain assignments and that it was a complete challenge. Now I know that I can achieve a seven on all assignments. It just requires time and effort, as well as looking over work with a (very) critical eye.

If anything, this past quarter has helped me grow as a learner.  In quick, I know now to prioritise my "challenge subjects," but, at the same time put an equal amount of effort into the subjects that I am stronger in.    

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário