We have been learning about the pythagoreon therom, corresponding angles, exterior angles, adjacent angles, verticles angles, coplementary angles and right angles (among others.)
- Which investigation will you be analyzing?
I will be investigating the Polygon Interior Angle Investigation.
- Did the question and directions in the investigation make sense when you were doing it or did you need help clarifying what to do? (Did you get stuck along the way, or make any mistakes that had to be corrected?)
I understood the questions for the most part, but I got stuck on question four, which asked, “Can you write an equation that shows the relationship between the number of sides of a polygon and the total sum of interior angles?” I was confused by this, but Mr. Hancock clarified it. At first I had n x 180= __, but then, I got the correct answer, which is (n-2) x 180=__.
- Explain the pattern or special relationship that you found and explain how this responds to the guiding statement: “Understanding relationships and establishing patterns will help us measure and define physical space.”
(Be clear. Feel free to paste in images to really demonstrate what you are explaining. This is your opportunity to explain what you understand about this topic)
I learned about the equation that shows the relationship between the number of sides of a polygon and the total sum of interior angles. I feel like knowing this has helped my understanding of polygons, because when I see a polygon, knowing this equation, it is just something I know.
- Create a math problem that could be used on a test that uses the concept you are explaining in a problem solving situation. (it could be a word problem, or a diagram with unknown angles, etc. Try to imagine how this concept could be applied to a ‘real life’ situation, and how it could be tested on an exam.)
I really like how you explained everything in your blog post. I also got the same question wrong! I agree that learning this equation has helped me understand polygons more and I feel more confident about this unit. I also love how you gave a little background information in the beginning and wrote how you feel about this unit so far. I agree, I feel like my perspective of the world has changed and I look at shapes much more differently. Overall, I think you did a great job on your blog post!
ResponderExcluirAlso, I cant see the image of your problem. Could you try explaining it in words so that I can read the problem?
Excluir