segunda-feira, 13 de outubro de 2014

Studying- It Pays Off!

In math class, we have had three quizzes.  The first one, I had a decent performance.  On the second one, I was unhappy with my final grade.  On the most recent one, I got a grade that I was very happy with.  I owe my good grade to something that I have always dreaded.  Studying.
The weekend before the quiz, my mom asked me how I was doing in this unit.  I told her that I was doing fine, which was the truth.  She nodded, but told me that I should study.  Grudgingly, I walked to my room and grabbed my studying untensils and brought them out to the kitchen table, where I found my dad working on his computor.  He volunteered to help me study and I willingly took his offer.  First, we made a list of things that I needed to study by looking on Veracross.  Then, my dad organized the topics with time.  For example, study mean for ten minutes, median for ten and so on.  And so, for the next hour of so, I studied.  Every so often, I asked my dad questions for clarification and he would check my answers.  The next day, I was prepared and confident going into the quiz.

When we got the results, I was overjoyed with my grade.  I looked at my mistakes with my tutor and corrected them.  I realized that both of my mistakes were really things that I just had to look over my quiz again.  So, for my next quiz, I will definitly study hard-  it pays off!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário